Translate

26.3.14

It's Raining Men: PART 2


I am so excited to continue this series on male fashion bloggers today with Alejandro Salcedo. He is a 24 year old Mexican-American fashion blogger from California, with a great, unique and clean style.

Here's what he had to say.........

How would you describe your style?

Unlike the name of my blog, "The Casual Boardwalk", my style is anything but casual. If I had to describe my style I would label it as the 60's geek kid meets the trendy beach dude from Southern California. If I see something I like, being a bright-colored blazer or a pair of interesting-looking sneakers, I will be the one who snatches them and make them work with an outfit. 

Do you have a fav. brand?

My two favorite brands of all time would have to include Topman and Modern Amusement. 

Topman is a UK based brand that designs causal + formal pieces. Through Topman you can find anything from hoodies, to dress shirts, to skinny fit dress pants. Being 5' 8" I enjoy the fact that Topman carries pieces that fit me like a glove. 

Modern Amusement is found through PacSun. Modern Amusement provides retro & beach-inspired pieces that include graphic tees, dress shirts, shorts, and pants. Being a Southern Californian I feel that MA captures the essence of who I am and what I like it when it comes to their funky prints and fitting. 

Go back 5 years. Did you see yourself blogging?

The way social media has rapidly grown, I'd have to admit I would never see myself blogging. With gateways such as Facebook, Blogger, and Instagram, I jumped into the blogging world to connect with other bloggers and fashion enthusiasts. Blogging has managed to help me discover new brands, bloggers, outlets for inspiration and dressing ideas. 

Why do you think Male Bloggers are not quite as popular as Female Bloggers?

I feel male bloggers are not as popular as female bloggers based on the importance the fashion industry gives to females versus males. Slowly, but surely guys are getting recognized for the role in fashion. Male blogger Adam Gallagher from "I Am Galla" has tremendously grown over the years based on his connection to his followers and overall willingness to provide ready-to-wear pieces for any type of guy. 

In order for male bloggers to grow, we need to see everyday guys, with everyday lifestyles showcasing their outfits. 6'2" male bloggers who wear a size 28 pair of jeans are always a good source for inspiration, but they don't appeal to your everyday, average-height males. 

What inspired you to begin blogging?

 I dress to show to the world who I am. I enjoy hearing complements from friends, family or random people when it comes to what I'm wearing or how I wear it. After landing a job at a MASSIVE-SIZED Forever 21 store in California, I began to take the time to carefully construct my outfits. Those well-thought outfits helped guys walking into Forever 21 come up with their own outfits and own ideas. After taking pictures of my wife for her blog, I began the need to create my own blog and show the world who I was. Knowing that I served as inspiration, I launched "The Casual Boardwalk" to serve as a gateway into my life.

Follow Alex on Instagram: @thecasualboardwalk

No comments:

Post a Comment


Hover Pin It Code

Back to Top