Translate

21.4.14

The Ultimate Hot Pot Spot in Boston: Q Restaurant


Apart from fashion, I LOVE food. Living in an extremely cold city like Boston doesn't leave much room for outdoor activities. Instead, I've found an alternative - food. There are many great restaurants in Boston that will meet your desires. In this diverse city you will find fantastic cuisines from around the world. So, if you are from another country and you're feeling a bit homesick, there will be restaurant in Boston to make you feel at home.
Last night I was in the mood for Hot Pot in Chinatown. Hot Pot consists of a metal pot in the middle of the table where you sit. Water and broth are placed into the pot, and simmers to a high temperature so that you can place your vegetables, meats or noodles into it and cook it. Once it's ready, you take it out and eat it! Easy and delicious!

MY EXPERIENCE AT Q:

First of all, Q is no ordinary Hot Pot place that I have been to. For its great Chinatown location, it is clean, spacious and VERY modern inside. The decor was hip- yet, the restaurant managed to maintain an Asian feel to the modern theme. The staff was friendly and kept my group and I informed on our wait status since you can not make a reservation. Instead, you can call the restaurant 30 minutes before your arrival and they put your name down on the list for a shorter wait.



SERVICE: A+++++ From the hostess to the waitress- everyone was on point. They were friendly and informative which is important with ethnic cuisines. Not everyone is educated on what Hot Pot is, and our waitress educated us a bit and really helped us with placing a nice order. However, the food did take a while to come out. Although, the wait wasn't too bad for the amount of people that were there.

THE FOOD:

I had a feast! To begin, I had the Avocado Salad. I've had this salad at multiple restaurants in Boston, but I've never had one this amazing! The salad consists of tobiko, mayonnaise, avocado and crab- I hope I haven't forgotten anything!

8 Piece Fried Chicken Wings: They were good, but nothing extraordinary.

Snow Mountain Roll: FABULOUS!! A mouth-watering roll with Shrimp Tempura, Avocado, Tobiko, Mayo, Scallions and topped with Snow Crab. This roll was extremely fresh and tasty. It  was also quite filling. Definitly a MUST have at this restaurant.

House Fried Rice: Our waitress insisted that we tried this fried rice in particular. She assured us that this would be the best fried rice that I'd ever have and that no other restaurant makes fried rice like them. I thought that either she was a fantastic sales lady or the fried rice was that good! Guess what?! The rice was that good! There was chicken, eggs, some veggies and I don't even know what else was in, but it was actually the best fried rice that I've ever had!
Broths: We had spicy and regular broth and beef, salmon, clams, watercress, fish balls, beef balls, lamb, a variety of mushrooms. All of that was PERFECTION!





If you ever find yourself in Boston, do checkout Q Restaurant. It's worth the long wait and the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Hover Pin It Code

Back to Top